Before I write the story of how I was cheated out of $400 by management at Wyndsor Forest Apartments; I admit that it was partly my fault and I do accept some of the responsibility. I should have read the lease more thoroughly before signing it but as I have stated before; my health was not very good at the time. I was running a temperature and later on found out I had a serious bacterial infection in my liver which had spread into my blood. I made assumptions I should not have made and signed on the dotted line.
To begin with the lease was suppose to be a 13-month lease. The move in special at that time was 3-months at $343 upon signing a 13-month lease. I did not become aware that I had really signed a 14-month lease until March 2009. I went in to discuss the terms of a new lease. At that time I was informed that my lease would not expire until April 30,2009. The month of March had not been prorated as it should have been (March 16-31) and the special of $343 should have begun in April and continued through June. Instead they included the month of March in the special. If March was to be included in the special then it was suppose to be counted as a whole month and the last month of my lease would have been March 2009. Due to this I paid $400 more in rent than I should have during the term of the lease. When I confronted management with this they acknowledged the mistake but the manager at that time said she couldn't do anything about it because the lease period was almost over and she being a new manager was not responsible for what her predecessor had done. I expressed how unfair this was but, to no avail. They did not try to compensate me in any way. Considering everything I have been through with them , it seems they could have offered me some concessions but, nooo....
Friday, August 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment