Sunday, August 23, 2009

Lack of Integrity..........




Out of all the grievances I have with Wyndsor Forest Apartments in Union City, GA, I believe the most important one is the lack of integrity displayed by management. They do not keep their word. If they make a promise to you make sure you get it in writing! I have had to deal with five different managers since April, 2009.

In April I went to the office to discuss the terms of a new lease. My health has not been its best so moving at this time is not an option for me (I have Kidney failure and have been on dialysis since 1999). There was a new manager there. She informed me that the previous manager, Bridgette, was no longer there. I explained to the manager at that time the error that had been made in the previous lease and the current condition of my apartment. She told me that my first lease should have been prorated but, she couldn't do anything about it. She said she would contact her supervisor about the lease issue. At that time I was assured that the screen porch area would be taken care of as well as the other issues in my apartment. I explained to her that I was a dialysis patient and that I was not physically able to move. I told her I needed the screen porch and storage closet area to be cleaned and repaired so I could store my dialysis supplies.

I returned to the office several days later. She stated she had spoken with her supervisor, Jenny. I was told that because of the errors that had been made on my previous lease and the inconvenience I had been put through by not having access to my screen porch and several other maintenance issues in my apartment, that if I re-leased they would offer me the month of June free and $990/month for the next twelve months (I was paying $1030/month then). She said my files showed I had been a very good tenant, never being late on my rent , and they did not want to lose such a good tenant. I told her that sounded fair and would compensate for what I felt had been an injustice done to me. I agreed and told her to call me when the lease was ready to sign.

Two weeks passed and I did not receive a call from her so I went back to the office only to find that she had been replaced by another manager. I asked if there was a lease for me to sign. There was but, the conditions of the new lease that had been discussed were not included. I carefully read the lease. I was not about to make the same mistake as I had made with the first lease. The lease stated that my rent would be $990/month but, it did not include the month of June, free. I asked to speak to the current manager. I had to tell my story all over again to her. She said she had to go over my file and would get back to me.

Another week went by without me receiving any communication. I went back to the office only to find yet another manager , Gina. I told the same story to Gina. She told me she would have to go over my files. She also said she didn't want me signing anything until everything in my apartment had been corrected. A couple more weeks passed without me receiving a call from Gina. On May 28th I returned to the office to speak with Gina, She said that there was no record of me being promised the month of June free in my file. In fact, she said that none of the previous managers had recorded anything concerning what had been discussed. I told her that all this had supposedly been cleared with Jenny, the area supervisor. She never confirmed if she had spoken with the supervisor or not. She told me she could not offer me the month of June free as promised by previous management. She said she could offer me a monthly rate of $955/month until the maintenance issues in my apartment were taken care of. She also insisted I let her know what I intended to do as soon as possible. Whether I would be re-leasing or moving. I really did not appreciate the I -don't-care-attitude with which she said this.

It is my understanding that an apartment complex is in the business of attracting and keeping quality tenants. I believe that I am and have been exemplary in this aspect but , I have been treated with disdain. I am only asking for justice. To receive quality living conditions for which I am paying. As of the writing of this blog I have yet to receive it.

No comments: