Friday, August 7, 2009

Begin at the Beginning.............


When I moved into my apartment on March 16,2008 it was not ready. Mind you management had been informed for three weeks that I needed to move in by mid-month. I was assured the apartment would be ready. The apartment I was shown was nothing like the apartment they assigned me to move into. Apparently I was shown a beautiful model apartment which I immediately fell in love with. At the time the price was pretty steep for me but, I decided it was worth it so I filled out an application and put
down a deposit.

The day before moving I was taken to my apartment. They unlocked the door. I walked in and took a look and was not pleased with what I saw. The refrigerator had to be replaced and the apartment had not even been cleaned. They assured me that they would have it cleaned and the refrigerator replaced by the next day.

Next day I arrived with a loaded down u-haul truck. Opened the door only to find out that they had only replaced the refrigerator. The apartment still had not been cleaned properly, especially the kitchen and bathrooms. I could not wait for them to send someone, because My children and I had to have a place to lay our heads that night. I decided to call a cleaning service. They arrived within the hour and cleaned both bathrooms and the kitchen. We continued to move things into the apartment as they cleaned. The manager at that time, Bridgette, told me to make a list of all the maintenance issues and turn them into her. She said she would have them taken care of. I insisted they replace both toilet seats immediately. They looked like they had been there for the last twenty years. They were old and filthy. They did come and do that.

I am a dialysis patient and had been trying to move while ill. I had been running a temperature for several days but, I had to get my children into the apartment before I could go to the doctor. The very next day I went to the emergency room and they admitted me to the hospital. I was there for a week so I was unable to turn in the list of maintenance issues right away.

The following is the list of maintenance issues I turned into the office on 4/14/08:

1. Towel rack in master bedroom broken
2. Cabinet door completely detached in hallway bathroom
3. No door knob on closet in bedroom #1
4. Closet shelves in bedroom #2 unstable (will not hold all my clothes)
5. Temperature control thermostat in hallway broken
6. Rips and holes in the outside screen porch
7. Concrete of outside screened porch severely soiled
8. Front right stove eye sits unevenly
9. Left drawer next to stove will not open and close
10. Door stopper in hallway bathroom completely rusted out (unattractive)
11. Damage to linoleum in laundry room
12. Damage to linoleum in kitchen
13. Damage to electrical outlet in bedroom #2
14. Damage to electrical outlet in dinning room
15. Mold along edges of all windows. were not cleaned
16. Water damage in kitchen causing unattractive baseboard molding (unattractive)

RETURN SOON TO FIND OUT WHAT ELSE HAPPENED>>>>

No comments: